Canadians Abreast – Messengers of Hope was formed in 2003. Our members are breast cancer survivors who come together from coast to coast across Canada to enjoy the sport of dragon boat racing.
Explore our website to see the adventures we’ve shared locally, nationally and internationally, including participating in the Yukon River Quest to raise funds for the Ikpigusukniqmut Foundation that assisted with the purchase of new mammography equipment to help the women of Nunavut.
- Show by example that there can be happy, productive and fun-filled life after breast cancer;
- Encourage survivors to regain control of their lives through sport and physical activity;
- Support outlying, smaller communities across Canada by raising funds to help provide coping tools for women dealing with breast cancer;
- Raise worldwide awareness of breast cancer and encourage the pursuit of a cure;
Our International Mission is:
- To take our message of hope to areas without breast cancer survivor dragon boat teams;
- To meet with other survivors worldwide
- To spread hope and encouragement by sharing our stories of the physical, mental and spiritual benefits of dragon boat racing
Join us and share our unique experiences. Click here
to join Canadians Abreast.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Founder and President